History of Coaching Education Department was approved by the Presidentship of Higher Education Council and started its education in 2002.
The Bachelor's Degree in Coaching ( first cycle in Coaching) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “General Admission Requirements” of Information on the Institution part are applied for admission of students.
Specific Arrangements For Recognition Of Prior Learning (Formal, Non-Formal and Informal)
The rules and regulations for recognition of formal prior learning are well defined. Transfer can be made among the institutions of which equivalency is recognized by Higher Education Council. Also successful vocational school graduates to continue their educaiton to obtain Bachelor’s degrees if they are successful in the selection and the placement examination (DGS, i.e. vertical transfer examination) are admitted. The courses to be taken by these students are determined by the relevant department, on the basis of courses they have completed in the programs from which they have graduated. Recognition of prior non-formal and in-formal learning is at the beginning stage in Turkish Higher Education Institutions. Ege University and hence of the Department is not an exception to this. However, exams of exemption are organised at the start of each year at the University for the courses of Foreign Language and Computer Skills. The students who have completed the proficiencies for these courses on his/her own or through other means, and believe that they have achieved the learning outcomes specified are given the right to take the exemption exam. The students who achieve a passing grade from these exams are held exempt from the related course in the curriculum.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Profile of The Programme
Programme of the Coaching Education Department carries out a dense curriculum. Its education plan aims to educate a good trainer, specialist and conditioning coach in sports branches selected by the students. Education programme of the depertmant include optional and compulsory lessons related with training profession and general culture. Before graduating students completed their internship training in sports clubs related to their sports branches lasted for two terms.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates With Examples
Graduates work as trainer, sports specialist and conditioning coach in related sports federations, clubs, special elemantary and high school and colleges.
Access to Further Studies
The graduates holding Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply to Master’s Degree programmes at national level and /or international level both in the same and in related disciplines.
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
Types of measurement and evaluation used in every lessons described comprehensively in course teaching plan.
Graduation requirements are explained in the section “Qualification Requirements and Regulations”.
Mode of Study (Full-Time, Part-Time, E-Learning )
Address, Programme Director or Equivalent
President of the programme-Prof. Dr. Bahtiyar ÖZÇALDIRAN
Ege University Faculty of Sport Sciences, Bornova-İzmir/Türkiye 35100; e-mail: email@example.com
Phone Number: +902323425714 Fax Number: +902323396000.
ECTS coordinator-Assoc. Prof. Dr Gülbin Rudarlı NALÇAKAN
Ege University Faculty of Sport Sciences, Bornova-İzmir/Türkiye 35100; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Number: +902323425714 Fax Number: +902323396000.
The number of teaching staff of Coaching Education Department is 20. There are Performance, Exercise Biochemistry, Kinesiology, Anatomy and First Aid, Applied Sports Psychology, Computer and Climatization Laboratories, fitness center and education classes. In addition, there are olympic indoor swimming pool, outdoor swimming pool, sports halls, football fields, tennis courts, olympic athletics field and indoor athletics and artistic gymnastics halls.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Development of essential data, ability and attitude of training profession prestige to analyzing vocational problems.
- Utilization of multidisciplinary arena to improve profession satisfactoriness.
- Constitution of cooperation with national and international sport interrelated federations and corporations.
- Formation of sport culture in the community, presentation of different sport branches and development of available strategies about to grow up contribution to sport.
- Using ability scanning and selection criterions to conceive skills that recipient to sport branches.
- Applications and assessments of developed areas and laboratory tests to recognize performance level at all age, gender and grades of athletes and projection of the test results to training plans.
- Assignment of annual and long term performance goals for all age, gender and grade athletes, constitution of training plans and programs that appropriate to general and specific practice.
- Visual, oral and written communication between sports environments and in all section of community.
- Recognition of sports organizations, have information about general and specific sport branches of competition rules at all sports organizations.
- Utilization of modern technology at sports.
- Training technical and tactical skills for specific sport branches by usage of appropriate tuition methods.